The Wauwatosa-based Froedtert and the Medical College of Wisconsin health network will begin accepting patients at its new $40 million health center Feb. 17, Washington County Insider reports.
1. An open house for the three-story, 100,000-square-foot West Bend (Wis.) Health Center is scheduled for Feb. 8. The center is staffed by about 325 employees.
2. West Bend Health Center will offer new services including an orthopedic sports and spine center, urgent care, occupational medicine and pain management. The health system's rehabilitation and sports medicine services were expanded and centralized at the new campus.
3. Dermatology, ENT, neurology and rheumatology services have already been relocated from Pleasant Valley Health Center to the new West Bend Health Center. Pediatrics, gastroenterology and nephrology will move to the new center Feb. 17.
4. In August, the West Bend Health Center Ambulatory Surgery Center moved from the West Bend Health Center campus to the Froedtert West Bend Hospital campus.
5. West Bend Health Center will provide primary care, family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics, with patient-centered features such as self check-in, a pharmacy with drive-through service and a retail optical shop.
6. West Bend Health Center replaces a 1990s-era facility, which will be destroyed to expand parking once the new center opens.
More articles on spine:
Breaking down the 3 major robots in spine surgery
Johnson & Johnson sets sights on robotics in 2020 in orthopedics and beyond
Moody's predicts rapid growth for robotic orthopedic surgery—key insights on Stryker, Zimmer Biomet