Chicago-based Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush is opening a new facility in Oak Brook, Ill., according to a Daily Herald report.
Here are five things to know:
1. The multi-floor facility will feature 16 patient exam rooms as well as space for physical therapy and occupational therapy. The building will include MRI and X-ray imaging services.
2. On the third floor, the new facility will have an outpatient surgery center with six operating rooms and two procedure rooms as well as 28 patient-bays.
3. The Oak Brook location will be the practice's third western suburban location, and it plans to open a fourth in Naperville, Ill., in late 2019.
4. Specialties at the new Oak Brook center are sports medicine, spine, knee and hip replacement in addition to extremities care. The facility will also include a sports performance center to help patients transition from physical therapy to more intense activity.
5. The new center is expected to open on Jan. 2, 2019.