Duxbury, Mass.-based Plymouth Bay Orthopedics broke ground on its new headquarters in Plymouth, Mass., according to Plymouth Wicked Local.
Here are five things to know:
1. The new building includes 40,000 square feet of office and clinical space. In addition to performing minimally invasive procedures, the new headquarters will house Plymouth Bay Orthopedics' pain center.
2. Beth Israel Deaconess Plymouth will occupy offices on the top floor of the new headquarters. There, a team of cardiologists will be staffed.
3. Plymouth Bay Orthopedics' new facility will include seven surgeons and five physician assistants.
4. Along with its affiliation with Beth Israel Deaconess Plymouth, Plymouth Bay Orthopedics is affiliated with New England Baptist Hospital in Boston.
5. Plymouth Bay Orthopedics' estimates between its two other locations its physicians perform more than 2,500 orthopedic surgeries and see 40,000 patients annually.