With its lease at St. Thomas Health in Akron, Ohio, ending in December 2020, Crystal Clinic is developing a new orthopedic facility in Fairlawn, Ohio, for $100 million, according to Crain's Cleveland Business.
Here are five things to know.
1. The new clinic will include 60 beds for specialty orthopedic surgery and nonsurgical care services.
2. Crystal Clinic's specialty hospital will also be equipped with 12 operating rooms. In addition to the inpatient hospital, the group provides outpatient services at 11 locations across the state.
3. Crystal Clinic Orthopaedic Center has been providing services at St. Thomas Health, part of Summa Health System, since 2009 after Crystal Clinic and Summa Health formed a joint venture.
4. The new Crystal Clinic Orthopaedic Center will complete with Lake Health's specialty hospital in Beachwood, Ohio, which is currently under construction. The $50 million hospital is expected to open in early 2019.
5. In 2017, Crystal Clinic surgeons performed approximately 15,000 surgeries.