Laser Spine Institute created the new position of chief patient empowerment officer.
Here are five things to know.
1. Thomas Linton will serve as the inaugural chief patient empowerment officer.
2. In his new position, Mr. Linton will oversee Laser Spine's patient-facing employees, who have the first interaction with patients on their journeys. He will also analyze patients' interactions with the goal of enhancing overall patient experience.
3. Equipped with 20-plus years of marketing, sales and customer experience, Mr. Linton previously served in leadership positions at AT&T, Bank of America and General Electric.
4. Mr. Linton holds an MBA in marketing and strategic planning from Philadelphia-based Wharton School at University of Pennsylvania.
5. Headquartered in Tampa, Fla., Laser Spine Institute has six other regional centers in Scottsdale, Ariz.; Philadelphia; Oklahoma City; Cleveland, St. Louis and Cincinnati. The institute offers minimally invasive spine surgery to treat spinal stenosis, degenerative disc disease, pinched nerves, bone spurs, bulging/herniated discs, sciatica and other chronic conditions.