Carter Orthopedics in Titusville, Pa., merged with Union Orthotics and Prosthetics of Lawrenceville, according to a report from the Titusville Herald.
Here are five key notes:
1. Joe Carter founded Carter Orthopedics in 1984 and has expanded the business since then. He spoke with several orthotics companies across the country before deciding to partner with Union Orthotics and Prosthetics.
2. The two entities created a five-year partnership to expand Carter Orthopedics' patient-centered services into the larger market.
3. Carter Orthopedics' two offices will largely operate the same from the patient's perspective post-merger. However, the new entity will be named Union Orthotics and Prosthetics.
4. Union currently has 11 facilities and aims to help Carter Orthopedics offices with streamlining EMR and communication flow.
5. The terms of the agreement were not disclosed, but the merger is expected to expand pediatric services in the region.