The North American home healthcare market is anticipated to reach $130.4 billion in 2017, up from $90.9 billion in 2012, according to a MarketsandMarkets report.
Here are seven observations:
1. The home healthcare market attracts patients with its high cost advantage.
2. The shift to proactive monitoring from treatment is also creating new opportunities in the home healthcare market.
3. Increasing chronic disease cases and rising healthcare costs are also driving the market.
4. The market is set to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 7.5 percent through 2017.
5. In 2012, the United States led the North American market, and will likely continue to dominate through 2017. This is due to an increasing aging population; growing number of chronic diseases cases; and advancing technologies for home-use applications, among other drivers.
6. Key providers include:
• Apria Healthcare Group in Lake Forest, Calif.
• Gentiva Health Service in Atlanta
• Amdisys in Baton Rouge, La.
7. Leading home healthcare product manufacturing companies include:
• Alere in Waltham, Mass.
• Baxter International in Deerfield, Ill.
• B. Braun Melsungen in Germany
• Fresenius Se & Co in Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Germany
• GE Healthcare in Little Chalfont, U.K.
• Philips Healthcare in Amsterdam, Netherlands
• Roche Holdings in Basel, Switzerland