U.S. News & World Report named the 100 best hospitals for orthopedics, and only one of the top 10 hospitals is west of the Mississippi River.
Here are the top 10 hospitals:
1. Hospital for Special Surgery, New York City
2. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn.
3. Cleveland Clinic
4. Rush University Medical Center, Chicago
5. Hospital for Joint Disease, NYU Langone Medical Center, New York City
6. Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago
7. Rothman Institute at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia
8. Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston
9. Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore
10. UCSF Medical Center, San Francisco