Wilmington, N.C.-based OrthoWilmington; Asheville, N.C.-based Blue Ridge Bone and Joint; Alexander, N.C.-based Carolina Orthopaedic Specialists; and Durham, N.C.-based Triangle Orthopaedic Associates have joined together to form a new practice — EmergeOrtho.
Here are five key notes:
1. EmergeOrtho will include 49 office locations, 126 physicians and 237 physician assistants.
2. The four practices will begin operating under the EmergeOrtho name on Aug. 1.
3. The practices will integrate their networks and use one electronic health record system.
4. Most EmergeOrtho locations will include ancillary services, and 12 of them will offer MRI services.
5. Additionally, each group will participate in present and future alternative payment models, such as risk-sharing bundled payments.