SpinalCyte was issued new patents in the U.S. and Japan.
Five things to know:
1. SpinalCyte is a regenerative medicine company focused on spinal disc regrowth using human dermal fibroblasts.
2. The company's CybroCell product is the first off-the-shelf allogenic human dermal fibroblast product. It's used indegenerative disc disease treatments.
3. The patents describe methods to differentiate adipose and fibroblast cells into cartilage using a mold to shape the tissue to replace damaged cartilage.
4. The claims also include using a mixture of chondrocyte-like cells, adipose cells and growth factors delivered to a joint for cartilage repair.
5. The company's patent portfolio now includes 39 patents issued with 100+ patents pending focused on the clinical use of fibroblasts. "Our new patents demonstrate the versatility of our technology to repair cartilage not just in the spine, but throughout the body," said SpinalCyte CEO Pete O'Heeron.