Jonathan L. Glashow, MD, performed shoulder surgery on New Jersey Devils' Jon Merrill at Midtown Surgical Center in New York City, according The Record report.
Here are five things to know:
1. Dr. Glashow performed surgery on Mr. Merrill's right shoulder.
2. Mr. Merrill, NJ Devils' defenseman, is expected to recover in around four months.
3. Dr. Glashow is an associate clinical professor of orthopedics at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City.
4. He is the chief medical officer of the New Jersey Devils team.
5. Midtown Surgical Center, opened in 2010, offers surgical services in orthopedics, general surgery and ENT, among others.
More articles on orthopedics:
Orthopedic surgeon to know: Dr. David Fisher of OrthoIndy
Tranexamic acid delivered through IV & injection reduces blood loss after TKR: 3 things to know
HSS honors Dr. Chitranjan Ranawat with Lifetime Achievement Award: 5 notes