Spine & Neurosurgery Associates in Roseville, Calif., filed a lawsuit against Blue Shield of California Life & Health Insurance and up to 10 John/Jane Does, according to Northern California Record.
Here are five things to know:
1. The practice alleges that its reimbursement request for treating one of the insurer's beneficiaries was refused. The beneficiary was treated in May 2015.
2. The insurer allegedly only made a partial payment of $960.29, and refused to pay the full amount of the cost of care.
3. The practice is seeking medical benefits totaling $32,447.71 as well as interest and legal fees.
4. Spine & Neurosurgery Associates filed the suit on June 30 in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California.
5. Spine & Neurosurgery Associates includes four physicians offering general and specialized neurosurgical care.