Ohad Arazi was named CEO of Zebra Medical Vision, the deep-learning medical imaging analytics company that partnered with DePuy Synthes in December.
Six things to know:
1. Effective March 1, Mr. Arazi will succeed Zebra-Med co-founder Eyal Gura. Mr. Gura will remain with the Israel-based company as board chairman.
2. Mr. Arazi has previously led healthcare IT and medical imaging efforts at McKesson Technology Solutions, Change Healthcare and Telus Health.
3. Zebra-Med is anticipating "major expansion in the medical imaging domain," Mr. Gura said in a Jan. 14 press release. Its plans for the year include product innovation, regulatory progress and customer successes.
4. With FDA clearance for its "all-in-one" AI1 offering, Zebra-Med made its entrance into orthopedics through the DePuy partnership.
5. The partners signed a co-development and commercialization agreement to incorporate Zebra-Med's technology into DePuy's Velys Digital Surgery platform for preoperative, intraoperative and postoperative patient care.
6. Using algorithms and X-ray images, Zebra-Med's technology creates 3D models for use during preoperative surgical planning.