The global spinal implants market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 5.91 percent between 2016 and 2020, according to a Market Research report.
Here are five observations:
1. The shift to outpatient spine surgery serves as the ultimate boost for the spinal implants market.
2. The increasing number of non-fusion spinal procedures will also spur market growth.
3. With the growing popularity of non-fusion procedures, many companies have started developing devices for artificial disc replacement, dynamic stabilization and interspinous process decompression.
4. Spinal implant-associated complications could hinder market growth.
5. DePuy Synthes, Medtronic, NuVasive, Stryker and Zimmer Biomet lead the market.