Here are more than 85 orthopedic surgeons joining new practices or adding to their titles in 2022:
Note: This isn't an exhaustive list.
1. Stephen Michaels, MD, was named president of Clinton-based MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center and senior vice president of Columbia, Md.-based MedStar Health.
2. John Awowale, MD, was added as a physician partner at Green Bay, Wis.-based BayCare Clinic.
3. John Priddy, MD, was appointed president of Tyler, Texas-based Azalea Orthopedics.
4. Scott Cooper, MD, was selected to be the new president of Mercy Clinic Northwest Arkansas in Rogers.
5. Martin Boyer, MD, an orthopedic surgery professor at the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, was named director-elect of the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
6. Noblesville, Ind.-based Riverview Health welcomed Heather Williams, MD, to its orthopedic and sports medicine practice.
7. Burt Yaszay, MD, was tapped as the new chief of orthopedics and sports medicine at Seattle Children's hospital.
8. Philip Stahel, MD, was named chief medical officer of Asheville, N.C.-based Mission Health.
9. Mark McNemar, DO, was appointed president of Mercy Clinic Joplin (Mo.).
10. Stephen Weber, MD, who was an FDA medical officer in the office of orthopedic devices for nearly four years, joined NDA Partners as a consultant.
11. Jason Hurd, MD, Gregory Neely, MD, and Timothy Walker, MD, joined Sioux Falls, S.D.-based Orthopedic Institute.
12. Chris Mellano, MD, joined Manhattan Beach, Calif.-based Beach Cities Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, an affiliate of American Orthopedic Partners.
13. Peter DeLuca, MD, joined RWJBarnabas Health and Rutgers Health in West Orange, N.J.
14. Alan MacGill, DPM, a podiatric surgeon specializing in foot surgery and reconstructive rearfoot and ankle surgery, was appointed to the board of trustees for HCA Florida Northwest Hospital in Margate.
15. Adam Bitterman, DO, was named chair of the orthopedics department at Huntington (N.Y.) Hospital.
16. Felix "Buddy" Savoie III, MD, is the 90th president of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons.
17. Arcuro Medical named Phil Davidson, MD, medical director and chair of its scientific advisory board, and Ken Zaslav, MD, a founding member.
18. Steven Haddad, MD, joined orthopedic devicemaker Extremity Medical as chief clinical officer.
19. Brad Penenberg, MD, and Sean Rajaee, MD, were named co-directors of the Center for Outpatient Hip and Knee Surgery at Cedars-Sinai in Los Angeles.
20. Asheesh Bedi, MD, joined Skokie, Ill.-based NorthShore Orthopaedic & Spine Institute.
21. David Holden, MD, was named president of the Oklahoma State Medical Association.
22. Paul Mason, MD, joined Bertrand Chaffee Hospital in Springville, N.Y.
23. North Chesterfield-based OrthoVirginia named David Jevsevar, MD, as its new CEO.
24. Shaan Patel, MD, has joined Nashville, Tenn.-based Vanderbilt Wilson County Hospital as an assistant orthopedic professor.
25. Allen Van, MD, joined Peoria, Ill.-based OSF Healthcare and will serve residents in the Princeton, Ill., area.
26. Andrew Ence, MD, joined Provo, Utah-based Revere Health and will serve residents in the St. George, Utah, area.
27. Gilbert Beauperthuy-Rojas, DO, became the new president of the Miami Orthopaedic Society.
28. Mark Miller, MD, was named the 2022-23 president of the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine.
29. Lindley Wall, MD, became the new director of pediatric and adolescent orthopedics at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis and orthopedic surgeon-in-chief at St. Louis Children's Hospital.
30. Orthopedic surgeon Michael Suk, MD joined Doctivity's board of directors and advisory board.
31. Rafael Serrano, MD, will lead a new orthopedic and sports medicine clinic in Waterloo, Iowa.
32. Orthopedic surgeon Matthew Popa, MD, joinedEmergeOrtho-Triangle region at its Clayton and Smithfield (Pa.) offices. Dr. Popa specializes in hip and knee replacements.
33. Brian Cole, MD, an orthopedic surgeon at Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush, was appointed to the Dr. Ralph and Marian C. Falk Professorship of Biochemistry at Rush University in Chicago.
34. Charles Pitts, MD, and Christopher Beaumont, MD, joinedAndrews Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Center in Birmingham, Ala.
35. Christopher Loftis, MD, and Carson Strickland MD, joinedMaury Regional Medical Center in Columbia, Tenn.
36. Union Health Orthopedic partnered with the Indiana Joint Replacement Institute in the Wabash Valley to focus on hip and knee replacements.
37. Adena Health System expanded its Orthopedic and Spine Institute, opening a new 3,000-square-foot location in Circleville, Ohio.
38. Neal ElAttrache, MD, performed flexor tendon surgery on star Detroit Tigers pitcher Tarik Skubal at the physician's Los Angeles practice.
39. Four orthopedic surgeons from New York City-based Hospital for Special Surgery — Alexander McLawhorn, MD, Geoffrey Westrich, MD, Amar Ranawat, MD, and Peter Sculco, MD — were ranked among ranking authority Dexur's top 10 physicians for hip and knee replacement in New York, based on patient volume and experience.
40. David Bellamy, MD, a Florida orthopedic surgeon, lost the election for a seat on the Tallahassee (Fla.) City Commission against incumbent Jeremy Matlow.
41. Gunnison (Colo.) Valley Health opened its Gunnison Valley Orthopedics and Sports Medicine clinic. The center is overseen by Blake Clifton, MD, and offers surgical and nonsurgical options, specializing in joint replacement and arthritis care.
42. Adam Almaguer, MD, joined Tallahassee (Fla.) Orthopedic Clinic. Dr. Almaguer specializes in knee, hip and joint replacement.
43. Bill Watson, MD, an orthopedic surgeon with more than 30 years of experience, joined Seneca Healthcare District's Almanor Clinic in Chester, Calif. Dr. Watson specializes in general orthopedics, hip and knee joint replacement, trauma care and sports medicine.
44. Matthew Pacana, MD, joined Coastal Orthopedics in Bradenton, Fla.
45. MaCalus Hogan, MD, was named the new chair of orthopedics at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
46. John Pinski, MD, joined Atlanta-based Resurgens Orthopaedics.
47. Michael Webber, MD, joined Newnan-based Georgia Bone & Joint.
48. Peter Mangone, MD, became the new president of the Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Foundation.
49. Medical device developer CurvaFix added Samir Mehta, MD; Maria Rommens, MD, and Karl Van Osten, MD, to its advisory board.
50. Irvine, Calif.-based Hoag Orthopedic Institute has added Michael Hunter, MD; Joanne Zhang, MD; Omar Yaldo, MD, and Alexander Richter, MD.
51. Bangor, Maine-based Northern Light Orthopedics added Megan Richards, MD.
52. Matthew Boylan, MD; Catherine Jameson, DO; and Jeffrey Goldstein, MD, joined Orlin & Cohen's Woodbury, N.Y.-based orthopedic practice network.
53. Richard Nicolay III, MD, joined Illinois Bone & Joint Institute's orthopedic surgeons and sports medicine specialists.
54. Lexington, Ky.-based Bluegrass Orthopaedics added Victor Marwin, MD; Eric Schafer, MD; Graysen Petersen-Fitts, MD; and Charles Crouse, MD, to its team of orthopedic surgeons.
55. Philip Stickney, MD, a shoulder injury, peripheral nerve and arthritis treatment specialist, joined Ashtabula (Ohio) County Medical Center.
56. Kimball (Neb.) Health Services added orthopedic surgeon Jeffrey MacMillan, MD, to its staff, marking the beginning of orthopedic care at Kimball.
57. John Herzenberg, MD, director of pediatric orthopedics at Sinai Hospital of Baltimore and director of the International Center for Limb Lengthening at the Rubin Institute for Advanced Orthopedics, also in Baltimore, was appointed to Wishbone Medical's board of directors.
58. Hoag Orthopedic Institute added hand surgeon Kevin Kim, MD, and William Wang, MD, a foot and ankle surgeon, to its Irvine, Calif.-based practice. Hoag has added more physicians to its medical staff in 2022 than any other time period since it was founded in 2011.
59. Wellstar Health System welcomed a new orthopedic specialist, Eric Kiskaddon, MD, to its Alpharetta, Ga.-based Orthopedics and Sports Medicine practice.
60. William Polio, MD, joined Owensboro, Ky.-based Advanced Center for Orthopedics & Sports Medicine.
61. Michael Giovan, MD, joined Mercy Clinic Orthopedic Surgery in Ada, Okla.
62. Matthew Halanski, MD, was named division chief of orthopedics and sports medicine at Phoenix Children's.
63. HCA Florida Northwest Hospital in Margate selected Nathaniel Thomas, DO, as a new surgeon for its orthopedic program.
64. WishBone Medical named Mark Figgie, MD, as its interim CEO.
Selene Parekh, MD, a foot and ankle orthopedic surgeon with Duke University and Davis ASC in Durham, N.C., is leaving North Carolina to join Philadelphia-based Rothman Orthopedic Institute.
65. Orthopedic surgeon Daniel Alexander, MD, was named chief administrative officer at Auburn (N.Y.) Community Hospital.
66. OrthoCincy Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine in Edgewood, Ky., added three physicians to its team: joint reconstruction and replacement surgeon Shankar Narayanan, MD, spine surgeon Benjamin Valley, MD, and orthopedic surgeon Scott Jolson, MD.
67. Atlanta-based Resurgens Orthopaedics hired orthopedic surgeon Nimit Lad, MD, and physical medicine and rehabilitation specialist Michael Schaufele, MD.
68. Jill McAngus, MD, left Cross Timbers Orthopaedics in Stephenville, Texas, to open her own practice.
69. Texarkana, Texas-based Christus St. Michael Health System Orthopedics and Sports Medicine added Darius Mitchell, MD.