Orthopedic surgeons from across the New York tri-state area attended the New York Cartilage Repair Society's first meeting in New York City, Aug. 7.
Here are three things to know:
1. The society was founded by:
- Eric Strauss, MD, of New York City-based NYU Langone Health
- Andreas Gomoli, MD, of New York City-based Hospital for Special Surgery
- Scott Rodeo, MD, of HSS
2. The founders aimed to open up communication between orthopedic surgeons to find the best options for knee cartilage injury care regardless of organizational affiliation.
3. At the meeting, Dr. Rodeo presented on the role of biologics in cartilage repair and reviewed several current patient cases.