Tariq Hendawi, MD, joined Irving, Texas-based Precision Orthopedics & Sports Medicine.
Here are five things you should know:
1. Dr. Hendawi received his medical degree from Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in New Orleans. He was elected to the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society as a medical student.
2. Dr. Hendawi underwent fellowship training in orthopedic sports medicine at the Andrews Institute for Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine in Gulf Breeze, Fla.
3. His sports medicine research has been published in several peer-reviewed journals and he has presented his research nationally.
4. Dr. Hendawi is a former varsity football player. During his fellowship, he was involved in team coverage for the Washington Redskins, Auburn Tigers football team, the Pensacola Clue Wahoos baseball team and university basketball teams in the New Orleans area. He currently serves as the team physician for The Highlands School football team in Irving.
5. Dr. Hendawi brings his extensive training in minimally invasive arthroscopic surgery and robotic and computer assisted joint replacement to Precision Orthopedics & Sports Medicine.
More articles on sports medicine: