The compensation of medtech leaders varies based on the company's size and market share. While some have a larger base salary, others have higher bonuses and stock option value.
Here is the compensation for 11 spine device company leaders based on data from salary.com. The information is reported according to the proxy statements filed for the 2020 and 2021 fiscal years.
1. Alex Gorsky. Former Chair and CEO, Johnson & Johnson. $23.1 million
(Joaquin Duato succeeded Mr. Gorsky in January)
2. Geoffrey Martha. Chair and CEO, Medtronic: $16.5 million
3. Bryan Hanson. President and CEO, Zimmer Biomet: $13 million
4. Kevin Lobo. Chair and CEO, Stryker: $13.3 million
5. Jon Serbousek. President and CEO, Orthofix: $5.3 million
6. Kenneth Reali. CEO, Bioventus: $5.3 million
7. Christopher Barry. CEO, NuVasive: $4.8 million
8. Patrick Miles. President. Chair and CEO, Alphatec: $4.7 million
9. Jeff Dunne. Former President and CEO, SI-Bone: $4.2 million
(Laura Francis was announced as Mr. Dunne's successor in January)
10. David Demski. President and CEO, Globus Medical: $4 million
11. Keith Valentine. CEO, SeaSpine: $2.1 million