An update on Medtronic's Supreme Court bid and four more notes on spine and orthopedic device companies:
1. Marie Meynadier, PhD, founder of EOS imaging, has been appointed as an independent director to the Alphatec board.
2. The U.S. Supreme Court on June 21 rejected Medtronic's bid to overturn an award of more than $112 million in royalties to an Indiana spine surgeon-inventor.
3. Here are 11 spine devices that received FDA clearance in May.
4. A 3D-printed vertebral body replacement implant received FDA 510(k) clearance.
5. Integrity Implants' FlareHawk expandable lumbar interbody fusion device received a CE mark from the European Union.