Zimmer Biomet saw increased second-quarter sales and revenue growth in the first half of 2022, according to results posted Aug. 2.
Five things to know:
1. Net sales were $1.8 billion in the second quarter, a 1 percent increase year-over-year.
2. Knee sales grew 5.9 percent year over year with $704.9 million. Hip sales also grew 2.7 percent with $487.2 million in revenue.
3. Sports medicine, extremities, trauma, craniomaxillofacial and thoracic business saw a 3.4 percent decrease compared to the same time last year. Revenue for that segment was $446.4 million.
4. In the first half of the year, Zimmer Biomet saw $3.4 billion in revenue, a 2.4 percent increase from the first half of 2021.
5. Highlights in the second quarter include the launch of Omni Suite and the appointment of Keri Mattox as chief communication and administration officer.