Boulder, Colo.-based BoulderCentre for Orthopedics welcomed Benjamin Bjerke, MD.
Here are five highlights:
1. Dr. Bjerke is the first spine surgeon with BoulderCentre for Orthopedics, and will have office locations in Boulder and Lafayette, Colo.
2. Specializing in minimally invasive and motion-preserving procedures, he will perform outpatient surgeries at the Boulder Surgery Center.
3. Dr. Bjerke recently completed his third surgical mission trip to FOCOS Hospital in Ghana, Africa, treating patients with severe spinal deformities.
4. Dr. Bjerke completed his residency at New York City-based Hospital for Special Surgery and underwent combined neurosurgical and orthopedic spine surgery fellowship training at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn.
5. He has authored multiple publications for Spine, The Spine Journal and other peer-reviewed journals. Additionally, he has shared his research at more than 30 national and international meeting presentations.