K2M debuted its Everest Minimally Invasive Spinal System at the Society for Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery Global Forum.
"I have tried most of the MIS screw systems available, and believe the Everest MI System is an excellent option," said Southern California Orthopedic Institute's Steven Schopler, MD. "The flexible extended screw tabs provide for excellent visualization of the screw heads so that rod insertion is done under direct vision with no radiation required, and the system is a strong option for large BMI patients."
Here are five things to know about the system:
• Everest is a cannulated top-loading polyaxial pedicel screw system.
• Everest features the flexible polymer Serengeti Minimally Invasive Retractor System, also from K2M.
• Serengeti provides placement and direct visualization for the Everest system.
• Everest features a screw-based retraction method to provide a fixed position to the anatomy.
• The screw-based retraction allows for one-step, percutaneous screw and retractor placement with direct visualization and improved access for rod insertion.