The global surgical robotics market is expected to grow at a 12 percent compound annual growth rate to $12.6 billion by 2025, according to BIS Research.
Here are five factors driving market expansion:
1. The rising occurrence of chronic diseases along with an increasing geriatric population will influence the market’s growth during the forecast period
2. As the demand for minimally invasive surgeries grows, the need for robotics systems continue to grow.
3. Most medical device manufacturers are developing miniature robotics, adding to the surgical robotics market’s growth.
4. Governmental organizations are also funding research and development toward surgical robotic systems.
5. Shorter hospitalization times make robotic surgery ideal for patients, resulting in further market expansion.