Titanium-based vertebral body replacement devices generate more revenue than PEEK-based vertebral body replacement devices, according to a Persistence Market Research report.
Five things to know about the global vertebral body replacement device market:
1. The report authors expect one of the greatest drivers fueling market growth between 2018 and 2026 will be an increasing number of spine surgeries that require resection of an overall vertebral body or adjacent intervertebral disc.
2. Surgeons more frequently prefer PEEK-based vertebral body replacement devices over their metal-based counterparts, according to report authors, which will drive revenue generation in developing countries over the forecast period.
3. The flexible vertebral body replacement devices segment is expected to grow at the fastest compound annual growth rate over the forecast period. However, the fixed devices segment registers the highest revenue share in the market between 2018 and 2026.
4. Demand for PEEK-based devices is expected to increase over the forecast period.
5. Key market players include DePuy Synthes, Stryker, Ulrich Medical USA, RSB Spine, Jalex Medical, Victrex and Omnia Medical Services Co.