Titan Spine appointed Peter Wehrly to its board of directors, effective July 9.
Here are five highlights:
1. Mr. Wehrly is the CEO of Synaptive Medical. He became CEO in October 2017 and served on the company's board of directors from 2015 to 2017.
2. Prior to his current position, Mr. Wehrly served as the CEO of PQ Bypass, a developer of peripheral arterial disease treatment technology.
3. Mr. Wehrly spent time as group president of developed markets for Covidien, a medical device manufacturer that was acquired by Medtronic in 2015.
4. Titan Spine is working to expand its nanoLOCK technology, which gained FDA clearance in 2014.
5. Titan Spine offers a full line of Endoskeleton titanium implants that feature its nanoLOCK surface technology.