Denver-based Mighty Oak Medical develops patient-specific spine solutions.
Here are five things to know.
1. Mighty Oak Medical's Firefly patient-specific pedicle screw navigation guide is FDA-cleared for use in the U.S.
2. The Firefly technology uses 3D printing to create a biocompatible bone model that is an exact replica of the patient's spine.
3. The technology does not require any fluoroscopy to place pedicle screws.
4. Firefly is open platform and is designed to be compatible with all screw systems.
5. Mighty Oak Medical signed exclusive distribution rights for its pedicle screw navigation guides to OrthoPediatrics to market in pediatric hospitals nationwide.
More articles on surface technology:
DePuy Synthes launches PROTI 360° implant family with titanium-integrated PEEK: 5 points
Stryker expands 3-D printed Tritanium lumbar cages: 5 observations