SI-BONE received FDA clearance for its iFuse-3D Implant.
Here are six points:
1. The company is also initiating a full U.S. commercial launch of the implant.
2. The iFuse-3D Implant is the first 3-D-printed titanium implant for SI joint use.
3. The company leveraged proprietary 3-D-printing technology to create a patented fenestrated design and porous surface to mirror cancellous bone's trabecular structure.
4. The implant promotes bone ongrowth, ingrowth and through growth, demonstrated in a study published in the International Journal of Spine Surgery.
5. More than 50 peer-reviewed publications support the iFuse Implant's triangular titanium design. The iFuse Implant system offers a minimally invasive solution to fuse the SI joint.
6. The iFuse-3D features 250 percent greater surface area than the iFuse Implant.