The WJR AM-760 radio show, Anything is Possible!, featured Jay Jagannathan, MD, of Troy, Mich.-based Jagannathan Neurosurgery, on May 27, according to pharmiweb.com.
Here are five takeaways:
1. Dr. Jagannathan spoke about patient-centric spine care, equipping patients with all the information so they can make informed decisions.
2. He also discussed the future of spine surgery, noting motion-sparing techniques will allow a wider range of patients to undergo spine surgery.
3. Stem cells will also play an increasingly important role, said Dr. Jagannathan, highlighting the treatment's ability to improve spinal fusion and potentially heal spinal cord injuries.
4. Advanced imaging technology is providing for more minimally invasive treatments as well.
5. Dr. Jagannathan completed his neuro-oncology fellowship at Bethesda, Md.-based National Institutes for Neurologic Disorders and Stroke.