Englewood, N.J.-based Progressive Spine and Orthopaedics' spine surgeon Joshua Rovner, MD, is offering robotic surgery.
Here are five key points:
1. Dr. Rovner is using robotic surgery systems for complex neurosurgery and spine surgery. He attributed less risk and improved screw placement to using robotic systems.
2. The spine surgeon said hospitals will more rapidly install robotic surgery systems in the coming years as technologies develop and outcomes remain positive.
3. Board-certified in orthopedic surgery, Dr. Rovner specializes in robotic spine surgery.
4. After earning his medical degree from SUNY Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine in New York City, Dr. Rovner completed his residency at New York City-based Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
5. Dr. Rovner completed spine surgery fellowship training at Twin Cities Spine Center in Minneapolis.