Written by Megan Wood | Friday, 13 January 2017 17:43
Michael Roh, MD, of Rockford (Ill.) Spine Center, presented to Rockford-based OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center staff, as a part of the Grand Rounds program.
Written by Megan Wood | Friday, 13 January 2017 17:41
Amy L. Howe, MD, will see patients at Sterling Ridge Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine in The Woodlands, Texas, according to Woodlands Online.
Written by Eric Oliver | Friday, 13 January 2017 13:38
Here are five spine and neurosurgeons making headlines for the week of Jan. 13, 2017.
Written by Laura Dyrda | Friday, 13 January 2017 10:30
A new study published in Spine examines the readmission rates for patients who undergo cervical fusion for cervical spondylosis and are 65 years or older.
Written by Laura Dyrda | Friday, 13 January 2017 10:17
Jocelyn Idema, DO, moved her spine practice to the Advanced Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation in Washington, Pa., and Pittsburgh.
Written by Megan Wood | Thursday, 12 January 2017 21:10
Maria S. Li, MD, earned recognition in The Leading Physicians of the World.
Written by Megan Wood | Thursday, 12 January 2017 21:07
The global spinal fusion market is anticipated to reach $9 billion by 2023, based on GlobalData research.
Written by Megan Wood | Thursday, 12 January 2017 20:39
A New York City-based Hospital for Special Surgery study analyzed diagnostic errors for lumbar spine conditions, published in The Spine Journal. Spreemo Health's Quality Research Institute funded the study.
Written by Anuja Vaidya | Thursday, 12 January 2017 20:14
Four spine surgeons share the best decisions they made in their professional lives last year.
Written by Laura Dyrda | Thursday, 12 January 2017 15:21
A study published in Spine examined the relationship between the patient's American Society of Anesthesiologists score and 30-day readmissions after undergoing anterior cervical discectomy and fusion.
Written by Megan Wood | Thursday, 12 January 2017 14:31
Here are eight things for spinal surgeons to know for Jan. 12, 2017.
Written by Megan Wood | Wednesday, 11 January 2017 21:33
Researchers analyzed modifiable lifestyle and psychological factors associated with chronic back pain.
Written by Megan Wood | Wednesday, 11 January 2017 21:09
The global spine surgery market is anticipated to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 5.49 percent through 2019, based on a Wise Guy Reports analysis.
14. Physician-owned ASCs driving lumbar spine fusion market; best practices for outpatient cervical spine surgery & more — 8 outpatient spine storiesWritten by Megan Wood | Tuesday, 10 January 2017 21:38
Here are eight key stories on outpatient spine trends and news.
15. Behind bars for fraud: Neurosurgeon Dr. Aria Sabit receives nearly 20-year prison sentence — 8 key insightsWritten by Megan Wood | Tuesday, 10 January 2017 21:18
Neurosurgeon Aria Sabit, MD, received a 235-month prison sentence today for fraud, as reported by Medscape.
16. Multiple-level vs. single-level cervical disc replacement for spondylosis — Which yields better outcomes & safety?Written by Megan Wood | Tuesday, 10 January 2017 21:16
Researchers compared safety and outcomes for multiple-level and single-level cervical disc replacements for patients with cervical spondylosis, in a study published in Clinical Spine Surgery.
17. BioRestorative Therapies submits application for new drug targeting degenerative Dsweweisc disease pain: 4 insightsWritten by Megan Wood | Monday, 09 January 2017 22:16
BioRestorative Therapies submitted an Investigational New Drug Application to the FDA.
18. Drs. Kern Singh, Hyun Bae & more: 5 spine surgeons & neurosurgeons recently receiving honors — Jan. 9, 2017Written by Megan Wood | Monday, 09 January 2017 15:09
Here are five spine surgeons and neurosurgeons who recently received awards or promotions.
Written by Laura Dyrda | Monday, 09 January 2017 14:47
A study published in Spine examined the surgical site infection rate in posterior lumbar surgery patients to see whether epidural steroid agents used to reduce postoperative pain and inflammation had an impact on the infection rate.