Written by Anuja Vaidya | Thursday, 12 January 2017 20:14
Four spine surgeons share the best decisions they made in their professional lives last year.
Written by Laura Dyrda | Thursday, 12 January 2017 15:21
A study published in Spine examined the relationship between the patient's American Society of Anesthesiologists score and 30-day readmissions after undergoing anterior cervical discectomy and fusion.
Written by Megan Wood | Thursday, 12 January 2017 14:31
Here are eight things for spinal surgeons to know for Jan. 12, 2017.
Written by Megan Wood | Wednesday, 11 January 2017 21:33
Researchers analyzed modifiable lifestyle and psychological factors associated with chronic back pain.
Written by Megan Wood | Wednesday, 11 January 2017 21:09
The global spine surgery market is anticipated to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 5.49 percent through 2019, based on a Wise Guy Reports analysis.
6. Physician-owned ASCs driving lumbar spine fusion market; best practices for outpatient cervical spine surgery & more — 8 outpatient spine storiesWritten by Megan Wood | Tuesday, 10 January 2017 21:38
Here are eight key stories on outpatient spine trends and news.
7. Behind bars for fraud: Neurosurgeon Dr. Aria Sabit receives nearly 20-year prison sentence — 8 key insightsWritten by Megan Wood | Tuesday, 10 January 2017 21:18
Neurosurgeon Aria Sabit, MD, received a 235-month prison sentence today for fraud, as reported by Medscape.
8. Multiple-level vs. single-level cervical disc replacement for spondylosis — Which yields better outcomes & safety?Written by Megan Wood | Tuesday, 10 January 2017 21:16
Researchers compared safety and outcomes for multiple-level and single-level cervical disc replacements for patients with cervical spondylosis, in a study published in Clinical Spine Surgery.
9. BioRestorative Therapies submits application for new drug targeting degenerative Dsweweisc disease pain: 4 insightsWritten by Megan Wood | Monday, 09 January 2017 22:16
BioRestorative Therapies submitted an Investigational New Drug Application to the FDA.
10. Drs. Kern Singh, Hyun Bae & more: 5 spine surgeons & neurosurgeons recently receiving honors — Jan. 9, 2017Written by Megan Wood | Monday, 09 January 2017 15:09
Here are five spine surgeons and neurosurgeons who recently received awards or promotions.
Written by Laura Dyrda | Monday, 09 January 2017 14:47
A study published in Spine examined the surgical site infection rate in posterior lumbar surgery patients to see whether epidural steroid agents used to reduce postoperative pain and inflammation had an impact on the infection rate.
Written by Laura Dyrda | Friday, 06 January 2017 09:12
A new study published in Spine examines the complication and reoperation rate for Medicare beneficiaries who undergo surgery for cervical spondylotic myelopathy.
Written by Laura Dyrda | Thursday, 05 January 2017 15:11
The North American Spine Society named F. Todd Wetzel, MD, president-elect at the 2016 annual meeting in October. Dr. Wetzel is a professor of orthopedic surgery and neurosurgery at Temple University School of Medicine in Philadelphia and has been a NASS member for 26 years.
Written by Megan Wood | Thursday, 05 January 2017 14:52
Here are eight things for spinal surgeons to know for Jan. 5, 2017.
Written by Laura Dyrda | Thursday, 05 January 2017 09:20
A new study published in the Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine examines the risk factors for venous thromboembolism in spine surgery patients.
Written by Megan Wood | Wednesday, 04 January 2017 21:43
Researchers sought to compare instrumented fusion outcomes with two decompression procedures for lumbar degenerative spondylolisthesis, in a study published in Spine.
19. St. Anthony's Center for Interventional Pain Management adds pain management physician Dr. Brian Parks — 4 highlightsWritten by Mary Rechtoris | Wednesday, 04 January 2017 20:12
Effingham, Ill.-based St. Anthony's Center for Interventional Pain Management added Brian Parks, DO, according to XFM Radio.
Written by Megan Wood | Tuesday, 03 January 2017 14:47
Here are six spine surgeons and neurosurgeons that joined new organizations or received promotions in December 2016.