Written by Megan Wood | Tuesday, 17 January 2017 20:31
Stanford (Calif.) University School of Medicine researchers studied the cause of opioid side effects, according to Medical Xpress.
2. 5 notes on spinal surgery for adolescent scoliosis: Does accelerated discharge make a difference?Written by Laura Dyrda | Tuesday, 17 January 2017 11:24
A new study published in Spine examines an accelerated discharge protocol for posterior spinal fusion patients with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis.
Written by Megan Wood | Friday, 13 January 2017 17:43
Michael Roh, MD, of Rockford (Ill.) Spine Center, presented to Rockford-based OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center staff, as a part of the Grand Rounds program.
Written by Megan Wood | Friday, 13 January 2017 17:41
Amy L. Howe, MD, will see patients at Sterling Ridge Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine in The Woodlands, Texas, according to Woodlands Online.
Written by Eric Oliver | Friday, 13 January 2017 13:38
Here are five spine and neurosurgeons making headlines for the week of Jan. 13, 2017.
Written by Laura Dyrda | Friday, 13 January 2017 10:30
A new study published in Spine examines the readmission rates for patients who undergo cervical fusion for cervical spondylosis and are 65 years or older.
Written by Laura Dyrda | Friday, 13 January 2017 10:17
Jocelyn Idema, DO, moved her spine practice to the Advanced Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation in Washington, Pa., and Pittsburgh.
Written by Megan Wood | Thursday, 12 January 2017 21:10
Maria S. Li, MD, earned recognition in The Leading Physicians of the World.
Written by Megan Wood | Thursday, 12 January 2017 21:07
The global spinal fusion market is anticipated to reach $9 billion by 2023, based on GlobalData research.
Written by Megan Wood | Thursday, 12 January 2017 20:39
A New York City-based Hospital for Special Surgery study analyzed diagnostic errors for lumbar spine conditions, published in The Spine Journal. Spreemo Health's Quality Research Institute funded the study.
Written by Anuja Vaidya | Thursday, 12 January 2017 20:14
Four spine surgeons share the best decisions they made in their professional lives last year.
Written by Laura Dyrda | Thursday, 12 January 2017 15:21
A study published in Spine examined the relationship between the patient's American Society of Anesthesiologists score and 30-day readmissions after undergoing anterior cervical discectomy and fusion.
Written by Megan Wood | Thursday, 12 January 2017 14:31
Here are eight things for spinal surgeons to know for Jan. 12, 2017.
Written by Megan Wood | Wednesday, 11 January 2017 21:33
Researchers analyzed modifiable lifestyle and psychological factors associated with chronic back pain.
Written by Megan Wood | Wednesday, 11 January 2017 21:09
The global spine surgery market is anticipated to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 5.49 percent through 2019, based on a Wise Guy Reports analysis.
16. Physician-owned ASCs driving lumbar spine fusion market; best practices for outpatient cervical spine surgery & more — 8 outpatient spine storiesWritten by Megan Wood | Tuesday, 10 January 2017 21:38
Here are eight key stories on outpatient spine trends and news.
17. Behind bars for fraud: Neurosurgeon Dr. Aria Sabit receives nearly 20-year prison sentence — 8 key insightsWritten by Megan Wood | Tuesday, 10 January 2017 21:18
Neurosurgeon Aria Sabit, MD, received a 235-month prison sentence today for fraud, as reported by Medscape.
18. Multiple-level vs. single-level cervical disc replacement for spondylosis — Which yields better outcomes & safety?Written by Megan Wood | Tuesday, 10 January 2017 21:16
Researchers compared safety and outcomes for multiple-level and single-level cervical disc replacements for patients with cervical spondylosis, in a study published in Clinical Spine Surgery.
19. BioRestorative Therapies submits application for new drug targeting degenerative Dsweweisc disease pain: 4 insightsWritten by Megan Wood | Monday, 09 January 2017 22:16
BioRestorative Therapies submitted an Investigational New Drug Application to the FDA.
20. Drs. Kern Singh, Hyun Bae & more: 5 spine surgeons & neurosurgeons recently receiving honors — Jan. 9, 2017Written by Megan Wood | Monday, 09 January 2017 15:09
Here are five spine surgeons and neurosurgeons who recently received awards or promotions.