From a new orthopedic hospital to a hospital's first hip replacement with a Mako robotic arm, here are six orthopedic firsts Becker's has reported on since Nov. 2.
1. The first full-service orthopedic hospital was established in West Virginia.
2. Centinel Spine's Prodisc C SK was used in its first commercial case.
3. The first hospital in northern Mississippi added a Globus Medical ExcelsiusGPS robot.
4. Michael Bisogno, MD, performed Huntington (N.Y.) Hospital's first hip replacement with a Mako robotic arm.
5. Paul Jacob, DO, became the first orthopedic surgeon in Oklahoma to receive a Surgical Review Corporation accreditation.
6. Chattanooga, Tenn.-based Erlanger Health System became the first system in the state to receive an orthopedic Center of Excellence designation.