From a new knee revision technology in the U.S. to a new wireless camera, here are eight orthopedic debuts Becker's has reported in the last two months.
1. Medacta's MyKnee R preoperative knee revision technology made its U.S. debut.
2. New York City-based NYU Langone Orthopedic Center debuted the first ArthroFree wireless camera during a knee arthroscopy.
3. Christopher Baker, MD, debuted the Anika Therapeutics' X-Twist fixation system for foot and ankle cases.
4. C. Kris Hanby, MD, debuted Arkansas' first smart knee replacement.
5. OrthoMiami debuted Miami's first BEAR implant for ACL repair.
6. Hasham Alvi, MD, used Exactech's Spartan stem and Logical cup system for a hip replacement in its U.S. debut.
7. Gregory Berlet, MD, debuted Ossio's OSSIOfiber suture anchors.
8. Thomas Ellis, MD, debuted Orthofix's Virtuos Lyograft for spine and orthopedics.