The American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons elected Nickolas Garbis, MD, to the society.
Here are five highlights:
1. The invite-only society encompasses fewer than 700 surgeons.
2. Physicians are elected based on the number of shoulder and elbow surgeries performed, publications, fellowship training and reputation.
3. Dr. Garbis, an orthopedic surgery assistant professor at Maywood, Ill.-based Loyola Medicine, specializes in minimally invasive arthroscopic shoulder and elbow surgery, elbow and shoulder disorders, shoulder replacement and sports medicine.
4. He treats rotator cuff tears, joint arthritis and overuse injuries as well as tennis elbow ant arthritis.
5. Dr. Garbis completed his shoulder and elbow surgery fellowship at Baltimore-based Johns Hopkins University.