In a Forbes article, Leonard J. Glick, professor of management and organizational development at Northeastern University in Boston, lays out seven suggestions for keeping employees engaged and satisfied.
Here are the seven suggestions:
1. Build ownership among the staff members.
2. Trust employees to leave their comfort zones.
3. Keep the team informed.
4. Deal with your employees in a respectful manner.
5. Be consistent in the employer-employee relationship.
6. Ensure that employees feel as though they are being paid fairly.
7. Recognize that perks are not a substitute for the main sources of professional motivation.