August 1, 2017
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
1. Top hospitals for hip replacement - Physicians rank HSS No. 1 Full story
2. Man accused of killing physician over botched prostate surgery 21 years prior
3. Medtronic completes $6.1B sale of some patient monitoring & recovery division businesses to Cardinal Health: 5 key notes
4. Webinar: Are your phone calls to collect from patients against the law? Learn about TCPA and FDCPA regulations and how to improve collections. Register here.
5. Early registration discount ends today for Becker's 3rd Annual Health IT + Revenue Cycle 2017! Less than 55 spots remain. Register here. Email Jessica Cole at email@example.com for exhibiting and sponsorship opportunities.
6. 19 latest hospital, health system executive moves Full story
7. Webinar: How to differentiate between 3rd party agreements and managed care contracts - key thoughts to avoid lower reimbursements. Register here.
8. How patients feel about orthopedic surgery in Canada - 20% dissatisfied with wait time Full story
9. For the past 18 years, Kirk Herbstreit has made a name for himself as an analyst on ESPN's College GameDay remote college football studio. Don't miss Mr. Herbstreit and other keynote speakers at Becker's ASC 24th Annual Meeting: The Business and Operations of ASCs in Chicago. Reserve your spot today!
11. 4 drugmakers in the headlines Full story
10. Facing $7.4M operating losses, Pen Bay Medical Center shifts focus to ambulatory setting
12. Orthopedic surgeon leader to know: Dr. Julie Switzer of University of Minnesota Full story