Dr. Steve Lombardo Performs Meniscal Repair Surgery on Lakers' Matt BarnesWritten by Laura Dyrda | Wednesday, 12 January 2011 17:42
Steve Lombardo, MD, an orthopedic surgeon at Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic in Los Angeles, performed surgery yesterday on Los Angeles Lakers forward Matt Barnes for torn cartilage in his right knee, according to a Los Angeles Times report.
Mr. Barnes was injured during a game last Friday night against New Orleans. He stands to miss about 20 games this season or eight weeks, according to the report. Dr. Lombardo performed arthroscopic surgery to repair the ton meniscus, according to a Daily Breeze news report.
Read the Los Angeles Times report on the surgery.
Read the Daily Breeze report on the surgery.
Read other coverage on team physicians:
- Dr. Tom Clanton Performs Ankle Surgery on Yao Ming
- Cleveland Clinic's Dr. Richard Parker Treats Cleveland Cavaliers Players
- Dr. Tarek O. Souryal Performs Surgery on Dallas Mavericks Player
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Most Read - Sports Medicine
- Dr. Brian Cole on a physician's intuition
- Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush affiliates with Bo Jackson Elite Sports Center: 3 key notes
- Dr. Simon Görtz to lead The CORE Institute, Banner Health's academic sports medicine program: 5 things to know
- Dr. Neal ElAttrache performs knee surgery on Los Angeles Clippers' Blake Griffin: 4 takeaways
- 10 most popular sports medicine stories of 2016
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 20 new MIS spine devices in 2016
- 44 MIS spine devices to know | 2016
- Police investigate death of American Spine Center's physician accused in federal kickback scheme: 6 things to know
- Suicide likely cause of Dr. Sandeep Sherlekar's death, police report shows: 6 things to know
- 12 statistics on social media's presence in the healthcare space
- 38 female spine surgeon leaders to know
- Dr. Gregory Sherr sues HealthEast, CentraCare & 6 neurosurgeons for allegedly ruining his reputation & career — 6 things to know
- 4 North Carolina orthopedic practices merge to create EmergeOrtho: 5 key notes
- Oregon spine surgeon implicated in $22M lawsuit for paralyzing patient with dropped instrument: 5 things to know
- US News & World Report: Top 10 hospitals for orthopedics
- 7 things to know about Mazor Robotics & Medtronic's plans to roll out Mazor X
- 11 highest-paying states for orthopedic surgeons: New Jersey tops the list at $494.5k
- UPMC to pay $2.5M+ to settle neurosurgery-related False Claims Act violation allegations: 7 things to know
- Beyond the implant — DePuy Synthes pushes innovation inside & out of the OR
- 21 statistics and facts for orthopedic surgeons — compensation, net worth and more
- The state of minimally invasive spine surgery: Dr. Frank Phillips on devices, payment & outpatient ASCs
- Are Stryker's hip implants about to be recalled?
- 19 more things to know about orthopedic bundled payments — September 2016
- Understanding the Impact of the CMS 2017 ASC Payment Rule on Spine Procedures
- Trump or Hillary? The physicians have voted
- 5 trends for orthopedic surgeons to watch in 2017
- 15 spine surgeons discuss techniques revolutionizing spine care
- FDA regulation, insurance coverage: Dr. Raj N. Sureja talks challenges in regenerative medicine
- Do you know what patients really care about when choosing a spine surgeon?
- Robotics is here to stay — Drs. Kornelis Poelstra & Dennis Devito on working with Mazor technology
- Medtronic, SeaSpine, Zimmer Biomet & more: 17 key notes
- 3 orthopedic clinics to pay $2.39M to settle False Claims Act allegations: 5 things to know
- 10 thoughts and statistics on medical malpractice claims against orthopedists
- 33 of the largest orthopedic groups in the US by number of physicians
- UCLA pays $8.5M to settle 2 lawsuits after undisclosed spine surgeon relationship with Medtronic: 5 key notes
- 4 of the most pressing challenges orthopedic surgeons face in 2017
- What not to wear — Physician's attire elicits mixed responses in outpatient orthopedic centers
- 5 largest orthopedic companies have 61% of market share
- 8 spine codes CMS proposes for ASC coverage in 2017
- 6 spine physicians ranked #1 on Google - 2016
- Dr. Robert Watkins performs spine surgery on Patriots' Rob Gronkowski
- 8 biggest stories in 2016's spine market — Acquisitions, lawsuits, bundled payments & more
- Orthopedic residency programs violate Match Code of Conduct: 6 things to know
- 7 trends in the spine surgical robot market
- The science of healthcare delivery: 10 thoughts on the future structure of healthcare organizations