Here are nine orthopedic surgeons who joined new practices or added to their titles reported by Becker's since Jan. 5:
- Bryan Kelly, MD, succeeded Louis Shapiro as president and CEO of New York City-based Hospital for Special Surgery.
- Taylor Yong, MD, joined Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso and Texas Tech Physicians of El Paso.
- Mark Frankle, MD, an orthopedic surgeon with Tampa-based Florida Orthopaedic Institute, joined the surgeon advisory board of Aevumed, a rotator cuff repair product company based in Phoenix.
- Jonathan Levy, MD, joined the Paley Orthopedic & Spine Institute in Boca Raton, Fla.
- April Armstrong, MD, was named vice president for orthopedics at Hershey, Pa.-based Penn State Health Medical Group.
- Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge, Ill., appointed Jeffrey Goldstein, MD, as its new chair of the department of orthopedic surgery.
- Brian Cohen, MD, a surgeon at Columbus-based Ohio Health, joined Rehab Boost, as an adviser, the artificial intelligence physical rehabilitation company.
- Wade Johnson, MD, a sports medicine physician and director of sports medicine at Mayo Clinic Health System in Mankato, Minn., will serve as the official physician for the U.S. alpine ski team at the World Cup in Japan.
- Orthopedic surgeon Marc Matarazzo, MD, joined the Center for Bone and Joint Surgery in Jupiter and Port St. Lucie, Fla.