New Albany, Ohio-based JIS Orthopedics has specialized in total knee and hip replacements since its founding in 1972. Here are six things to know about the practice:
1. JIS' founder, Thomas Mallory, MD, performed the first total hip replacement in Columbus, Ohio, in 1971.
2. JIS has nine trained surgeons across its practices.
3. JIS has locations in New Albany, Athens and St. Clairsville.
4. JIS is part of management services organization OrthoAlliance.
5. JIS recently partnered with Orthopedic Associates of Zanesville (Ohio) to provide care at a Cambridge, Ohio, ASC beginning in January 2023.
6. JIS has over 80 employees on staff.