From the top-rated orthopedic residency program to the universities with the most ongoing research grants, here are seven medical school statistics Becker's has reported on this year.
1. University of Washington (Seattle) was rated the best residency program on the West coast.
2. University of Pittsburgh Medical School had the lowest acceptance rate among highly-ranked orthopedic programs in the U.S.
3. DOs now make up 25 percent of the medical school population.
4. The University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia) has the most ongoing research programs (37) funded by the National Institutes of Health.
5. The University of California San Francisco was ranked the top school for orthopedic surgeons.
6. The Hospital for Special Surgery (New York City) was ranked the best orthopedic residency program nationwide.