Here are orthopedic surgeons who joined new practices, reached career milestones and more since Aug. 15:
1. Orthopedic surgeon Matthew Popa, MD, joined EmergeOrtho-Triangle region at its Clayton and Smithfield (Pa.) offices. Dr. Popa specializes in hip and knee replacements.
2. Brian Cole, MD, an orthopedic surgeon at Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush, was appointed to the Dr. Ralph and Marian C. Falk Professorship of Biochemistry at Rush University in Chicago.
3. Charles Pitts, MD, and Christopher Beaumont, MD, joined Andrews Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Center in Birmingham, Ala.
4. Christopher Loftis, MD, and Carson Strickland MD, joined Maury Regional Medical Center in Columbia, Tenn.
5. Union Health Orthopedic partnered with the Indiana Joint Replacement Institute in the Wabash Valley to focus on hip and knee replacements.
6. Adena Health System expanded its Orthopedic and Spine Institute, opening a new 3,000-square-foot location in Circleville, Ohio.
7. Neal ElAttrache, MD, performed flexor tendon surgery on star Detroit Tigers pitcher Tarik Skubal at the physician's Los Angeles practice.
8. Four orthopedic surgeons from New York City-based Hospital for Special Surgery — Alexander McLawhorn, MD, Geoffrey Westrich, MD, Amar Ranawat, MD, and Peter Sculco, MD — were ranked among ranking authority Dexur's top 10 physicians for hip and knee replacement in New York, based on patient volume and experience.
9. David Bellamy, MD, a Florida orthopedic surgeon, lost the election for a seat on the Tallahassee (Fla.) City Commission against incumbent Jeremy Matlow.
10. Gunnison (Colo.) Valley Health opened its Gunnison Valley Orthopedics and Sports Medicine clinic. The center is overseen by Blake Clifton, MD, and offers surgical and nonsurgical options, specializing in joint replacement and arthritis care.
11. Adam Almaguer, MD, joined Tallahassee (Fla.) Orthopedic Clinic. Dr. Almaguer specializes in knee, hip and joint replacement.
12. Bill Watson, MD, an orthopedic surgeon with more than 30 years of experience, joined Seneca Healthcare District's Almanor Clinic in Chester, Calif. Dr. Watson specializes in general orthopedics, hip and knee joint replacement, trauma care and sports medicine.