U.S. News & World Report released its "Best Hospitals for Orthopedics" 2022-23 list on July 26, with Hospital for Special Surgery ranking No. 1 for the 13th consecutive year.
The company analyzed data from 1,671 hospitals and ranked the top 50 that see challenging orthopedic patients for spinal surgeries and fusions, limb, joint and other musculoskeletal and care. Read more about the methodology here.
Here are the top 25 hospitals for orthopedics:
1. Hospital for Special Surgery (New York City)
2. Mayo Clinic (Rochester, Minn.)
3. Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (Los Angeles)
4. NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital (New York City)
5. Rush University Medical Center (Chicago)
5. Santa Monica (Calif.) UCLA Medical Center and Orthopedic Hospital
7. Rothman Orthopaedics at Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals (Philadelphia)
8. Mount Sinai Hospital (New York City)
9. Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston)
10. NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Columbia and Cornell (New York City)
11. Houston Methodist Hospital
12. Stanford Healthcare-Stanford (Calif.) Hospital
13. Scripps La Jolla (Calif.) Hospital
14. Cleveland Clinic
15. Northwestern Memorial Hospital (Chicago)
16. New England Baptist Hospital (Boston)
17. Lenox Hill Hospital at Northwell Health (New York City)
18. University of Michigan Health-Ann Arbor
19. Duke University Hospital (Durham, N.C.)
20. Mayo Clinic-Jacksonville (Fla.)
21. Beaumont Hospital-Royal Oak (Mich.)
22. Hospitals of the University of Pennsylvania-Penn Presbyterian (Philadelphia)
23. Morristown (N.J.) Medical Center
24. Barnes-Jewish Hospital (St. Louis)
25. UCSF Health-UCSF Medical Center (San Francisco)
Editor’s note: Rush University Medical Center and Santa Monica UCLA Medical Center and Orthopedic Hospital tied at No. 5.
For the 2021-22 list of "Best Hospitals for Orthopedics," click here.