An orthopedic surgeon steps into the chief medical officer role at Mission Health, and five other orthopedic surgeons who joined new practices or assumed new titles in February:
1. Philip Stahel, MD, was named chief medical officer of Asheville, N.C.-based Mission Health.
2. Mark McNemar, DO, was appointed president of Mercy Clinic Joplin (Mo.).
3. Stephen Weber, MD, who was an FDA medical officer in the office of orthopedic devices for nearly four years, joined NDA Partners as a consultant.
4. Jason Hurd, MD, Gregory Neely, MD, and Timothy Walker, MD, joined Sioux Falls, S.D.-based Orthopedic Institute.
5. Chris Mellano, MD, joined Manhattan Beach, Calif.-based Beach Cities Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, an affiliate of American Orthopedic Partners.
6. Peter DeLuca, MD, joined RWJBarnabas Health and Rutgers Health in West Orange, N.J.