The Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City was named the best orthopedic hospital in the world by Newsweek in its "World's Best Specialized Hospitals 2022" list.
The publication partnered with Statista to compile the list, which ranks hospitals in 10 specializations: cardiology, cardiac surgery, oncology, endocrinology, neurology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, gastroenterology, pulmonology and pediatrics. The companies conducted a global survey of more than 40,000 medical experts from more than 20 countries from June to August.
The orthopedic list features 125 hospitals worldwide. Here are the top 10:
- Hospital for Special Surgery (New York City)
- Mayo Clinic (Rochester, Minn.)
- Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin (Berlin)
- Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston)
- Johns Hopkins Hospital (Baltimore)
- Schulthess Klinik (Zürich)
- Helios ENDO-Klinik Hamburg (Hamburg, Germany)
- Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli (Bologna, Italy)
- Severance Hospital - Yonsei University (Seoul, South Korea)
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (Los Angeles)
To see the full list, click here.