From smaller practices joining larger organizations to collaborations with local hospitals, here are 6 orthopedic partnerships that made headlines in the past month:
1. Watertown, N.Y.-based North Country Orthopaedic Group partnered with two New York hospitals, where its physicians will see patients and perform surgery.
2. Concord (N.H.) Orthopaedics and Plymouth (N.H.) Orthopedics & Sports Medicine partnered to expand specialty services.
3. Philadelphia-based Rothman Orthopaedic Institute is bringing its surgeons and medical technology to two New Jersey CarePoint Health hospitals in a five-year partnership.
4. Peoria, Ill.-based Great Plains Orthopedics expanded its practice to OSF HealthCare's St. Mary Medical Center in Galesburg, Ill.
5. Montana Orthopedics in Butte was acquired by Broomfield, Colo.-based SCL Health.
6. Spectrum Orthopaedics-Auburn, an eight-physician group in Lewiston, Maine, joined Central Maine Healthcare.