New York City-based Hospital for Special Surgery made a pair of leadership appointments, naming Steve Lee, MD, chief of hand and upper extremity service, and Ernest Sink, MD, chief of hip preservation service.
What you should know:
1. Both Drs. Lee and Sink will assume their positions Nov. 1.
2. Dr. Lee will succeed Edward Athanasian, MD, and Dr. Sink will succeed Robert Bully, MD.
3. In the positions, Drs. Lee and Sink will be responsible for leading the programs and overseeing the treatment of simple and complex conditions.
4. Dr. Lee earned his medical degree from Durham, N.C.-based Duke University and joined HSS in 2011.
5. Dr. Sink earned his degree from Dallas-based Texas Southwestern Medical School and also joined HSS in 2011.