William B. Macaulay, Jr., MD, was appointed chief of the division of adult reconstructive surgery at NYU Langone Health's department of orthopedic surgery in New York.
Here are five things to know:
1. Dr. Macaulay specializes in orthopedic procedures, including primary and revision total knee and total hip replacement, partial knee replacement, hip resurfacing, hip fracture repair and knee arthroscopy.
2. Having first joined NYU Langone in January 2017 as its medical director for international patient services, Dr. Macaulay will maintain this position as he assumes his new role as chief of adult reconstructive surgery.
3. Dr. Macaulay has received various honors and awards for his research and clinical work, including recognition as one of the "25 Knee Surgeons to Know" by Becker's ASC Review in 2009.
4. He is a member of the Hip Society, Knee Society and American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons.
5. After earning his medical degree from New York-based Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, Dr. Macaulay completed a residency at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and a fellowship training in arthroplasty at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York.