According to The Daily Sentinel, Community Hospital will acquire Western Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, both based in Grand Junction, Colo., effective July 1.
Here are five things to know.
1. Grand Junction, Colo.-based Rocky Mountain Orthopaedic Associates spine surgeons Kirk Clifford, MD, and James Gebhard, MD, will join Community Hospital July 1. Community Hospital will hire six to eight support staff for Drs. Clifford and Gebhard.
2. According to Community Hospital CEO Chris Thomas, these changes will bring Community's total employee count up to about 900.
3. Western Orthopedics employs eight surgeons and 50 total staff. The practice's building is attached to Community Hospital.
4. Community will take on Western Orthopedics' entire staff and building.
5. Community Hospital recently purchased a $1.2 million Brainlab CT scanner which enables physicians to take 3D X-rays. According to Dr. Clifford, it is one of four such devices in Colorado and 20 nationwide.
More articles on orthopedics:
Orthopedic surgeon to know: Dr. Michael Parks of Hospital for Special Surgery
Hospital for Special Surgery vice chair becomes OREF president: 5 notes
Orthopedic surgeon to know: Dr. Justin Siebler of the University of Nebraska Medical Center