Orthopedic surgeon and sports medicine specialist Stacie Grossfeld, MD, of Louisville-based Orthopaedic Specialists has been named 2017 volunteer of the year by the YMCA at Norton Commons.
Here are five things to know:
1. Dr. Grossfeld has served on the organization's board of directors since 2015.
2. Her fundraising initiatives helped the YMCA obtain a $4,000 blood pressure machine for members to use.
3. Dr. Grossfeld serves as assistant clinical professor in the department of orthopedic surgery at the University of Louisville.
4. She also sits on the board of directors for the Louisville Sports Commission.
5. Dr. Grossfeld frequently encourages her orthopedic and sports medicine patients to join the YMCA.
More articles on orthopedics:
How do revision ACL reconstruction patients fare down the road? 4 observations
Orthopedic surgeon to know: Dr. Michael Kiehn of Orthopedic Association
Dr. Mayo Noerdlinger named Top Doc — 5 takeaways